|Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.|
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Monday, August 1, 2011
Intimate Adoration ~ Refined in His fire
I have no doubt you are facing hardship, these are perilous days. The circumstances of my hardship may look different from yours but our hearts feel the same deep emotions when under the weight of a trial. We are being sifted like wheat; Satan is out for our very souls…..but praise God he will never prevail! You and I need to be grounded….fixed, steadfast, confident, and immoveable…in the things of the Lord (1 Corinthians 15:58). Laying aside all that so easily besets us, so that we can fully and firmly grasp hold of Him (Hebrews 12:1-4).
To experience this type of intimacy we have to trust the Lord. We can’t surrender, we can’t relinquish all our preconceived ideas unless we know beyond any shadow of doubt God has our best interests at heart.
- I have to KNOW that God loves my spouse more than I do;
- I have to KNOW that God heals all our diseases;
- I have to KNOW that He is wiser in my trials then I or anyone else (including my enemies Psalm 19);
- I have to KNOW that He is Sovereign;
Because just like you, these kinds of questions plagued my heart,
- Where is God?
- Why doesn’t He just heal and stop that suffering?
- How can He allow my reputation to be destroyed with those lies?
- How can God allow us to suffer like this when we have given our whole lives for the kingdom?
Without intimate knowledge of God - without being able to see, hear, touch, smell, and taste Him I would get stuck in those thoughts and my faith would be dead. I would stop leaning on my Beloved and start striving – which inevitably leads to failure. Oh Beloved, cast your cares unto Jesus, run into His protective embrace….let the storms rage, He is greater than all threats and HE IS ON YOUR SIDE!
at 9:17 AM