Intimate Adoration ~ He is the Vine, you are a branch, drink in His nourishment
Reflect on the fact that your soul a vineyard – planted, watered, weeded, and harvested by the Lord. Take a few minutes to meditate on these things:
The Owner of the Vineyard knows everything about His precious vines:
- What will enrich the soil? Fertilizer, sunlight, water….
- What will enrich our soul? Worship music, communion, fellowship….
- What pests threaten and weaken its productivity? Insects, mold, birds…
- What distracts or hinders you from being focused on Him and what He would have us do? TV, Facebook, gossip at the office….
- Where plants that need sun or shade will flourish? Knowing where to be based on the environment….are you blooming where He planted you? He chose that spot for a purpose, ask Him what the purpose is….
- What gifts and weaknesses in you need to be shown for His glory? Ask Him….
- When there is need for a Sabbath? The Lord had the land rest every seven years, He asked man to rest one day in seven, where have you built rest into your schedule….
- When does your soul need to rest and wait on God? Daily quiet time, weekly prayer meetings, meditation….
He entrusted us to keep (guard) it with all diligence (Proverbs 4:23). How is your vineyard? You must let Him show you how to best care for it….
The Lord desires for fruitfulness, He does not want any of us to be barren or even sparse.
He will protect and cherish, with loving, particular, meticulous care, so none of those good motions and dispositions that make you young and tender get nipped, trampled, blasted, or rubbed off.
- He won’t shrink back at the disrepair
- No contamination can harm Him
- Nothing repulses Him
- He is a Healer…a Helper…a restorer of Hope!
It’s there in the vineyard, our own souls, that He gives us His love (Hosea 2:14)