The Spirit of God works in our lives in three very important ways:
With us – (leading you to repent) He comes along side of us to reprove or convince us of our need for Jesus
- John 16:7-15: Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: (1) of sin, because they do not believe in Me; (2) of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; (3) of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you.
- This is how the Holy Spirit is working in our unsaved loved ones and friends. Never stop praying and sharing….
- Be available for God to use you to reach someone in this place. You may be the answer to someone’s prayers!
In Us – (at salvation) when we are born again the Holy Spirit actually comes to live in our hearts, He indwells us
- John 14:16-17: And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
- Parakletos: summoned, called to one's side, especially called to one’s aid: one who pleads another’s cause before a judge, a pleader, counsel for defense, legal assistant, an advocate
- Speaking of the Holy Spirit destined to take the place of Christ with the apostles to lead them to a deeper knowledge of the gospel truth, and give them divine strength needed to enable them to undergo trials and persecutions on behalf of the divine kingdom
Upon us – (baptized for service) He comes upon us supernaturally, overflowing us with God’s love and power so we can serve others
- Acts 1:8: But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.
- Ephesians 5:17-21: Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another in the fear of God.
- Jesus said in John 15:5: Apart from Me you can do nothing.
Take a look at your life:
- Does it show abundant fruit?
- Is the fruit meager, stagnant, or even dead?
- Any of the above just mean you need a fresh baptism and the good news is it’s available to you right here, right now, and every time you as FOREVER!