Monday, July 9, 2012

Hungry For More

I meet woman in all corners of the world ~Sudan, Uganda, Kenya, Nepal, Russia, China, and here in our own backyard ~ who, like us, are hungry for more in their relationships with the Lord. They have tasted and seen that Jesus is infinitely good, but they are now asking to be taken to a deeper level.

Does that describe your walk today?

Do you have a sense in your heart that there is more to Christianity than what you are experiencing?
V  Reading Acts, Wes asked God, “Is this type of life available?”
V  It’s not enough to stop after asking the question….
V  Go on, like he did. to say, “If it is, I want it!”
V  Results for him: Chaplaincy, Bibles Schools, church plants, orphanages,  and Rabuna Fi
Maybe you have a memory of a special moment that God gave to you,
one where He showed you a glimpse of His glory
and those few seconds are forever burned into your heart;
you will never let it go because it was so sweet…
and now you wonder….
“Is there any more where that came from?”
Perhaps you have heard friends or preachers talk of such experiences and even prayed to have one yourself, but thus far it has been all in vain….

Well, I am blessed to share that God’s greatest desire is to give you more of Himself. His delight is for ever-increasing intimacy between you.

John 17:20-24: Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word; that they all may be one; as You, Father, art in Me, and I in Thee, that they also may be one in Us: that the world may believe that You have sent me. And the glory which You gave me I have given them; that they may be one, even as We are One: I in them, and You in Me, that they may be made perfect in One; and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them, as You have loved me. Father, I will that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am; that they may behold My glory, which You have given Me: for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

John 14:21: He that hath My commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves Me: and he that loves Me shall be loved of My Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

No comments: