Sunday, September 30, 2012

Your Maker Is Your Husband

Have you ever noticed that there are certain truths that just seem to resonate in your soul? It’s like you know instantly its true and it’s for you! Tonight we are going to talk about one of my favorites…

Isaiah 54:5: For your Maker is your husband, The LORD of hosts is His name; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel; He is called the God of the whole earth.

I learned the tender mercy of God as my Husband in my first marriage. Being unequally yoked, young, and naïve in so many ways, I quickly came to a crossroads. I knew that without immediate action, I would allow bitterness to consume me.

I had a friend serving as a missionary in the Philippines who used to write me the most edifying letters, and when she saw that I was starting to complain and grumble about my marriage she called me out. She told me straight up that my marriage was my cross and that I had to choose whether or not I wanted to be a disciple.

I prayed a lot and I cried a lot, but I knew I wanted Jesus, and if Jesus came with the cross I was willing to carry that cross because I could not make it on my own. God directed me to Isaiah 54 and I lived there for a little while.

When was the last time you read this chapter? I strongly encourage you to read through it today. Look carefully at His profession of devotion to you:
V  With great mercies I gathered you
V  With everlasting kindness I have mercy on you
V  I will not be angry with you
V  My kindness will NEVER depart
V  Nor will My peace be removed
V  I am your foundation
V  I make you steady and sure, with varied jewels
V  I am protecting you
V  I am teaching your children
V  In My righteousness you will be established
V  You will be far from oppression
V  No weapon formed against you will prosper
V  You will judge your accusers

Does that take your breath away? It should…and look at how it closes…

Isaiah 54:17: This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, And their righteousness is from Me," Says the LORD.

No comments: