Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Owner Of The Vineyard

Song of Solomon 7:10-13: I am my Beloved’s, and His desire is towards me. Come, my Beloved, let us go forth to the field; let us lodge in the villages, let us get up early to the vineyards; let us see if the vine has budded. Whether the grape blossoms are open, and the pomegranates are in bloom. There I will give you my love. The mandrakes give off a fragrance, and at our gates are pleasant fruits, all manner, new and old, which I have laid up for you, my beloved.
                      
There is great wisdom in going with the Owner of the Vineyard to consider its state. He knows everything about this vineyard:
·         What will enrich the soil?
·         What pests threaten and weaken its productivity?
·         Where plants that need sun or shade will flourish?
·         When there is need for a Sabbath?
·         But you must let Him show you how to best care for it….

There are specific things to look for….
See if the vine has budded.
Buds tell us that a flower or fruit is close behind…
what is budding in your life right now?
If there are no buds - why not?
Has some worm eaten away at the vine and obstructed nourishment?
Is it too cloudy? too hot? is there enough water?

Some translations read, “let us see if the vine flourish,” because the Lord desires for fruitfulness.

He does not want any of us to be barren or even sparse.

He wants you to have plenty…we will talk more about this later . . .

No comments: