Monday, March 26, 2012

~ Teach me...

Psalm 25:4-5: Show me Your ways, O LORD; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day. 

·         Teach me Your paths: Seeing is not believing, we have to go the next step. Take what you see and ask, “What does this mean? Teach me Lord, for I am listening!” This is the interpretation step in IBS.

o   I can look at a sign written in Arabic Script, but to understand what it says I must be taught

o   In the same way, you can look into the Word and see Jesus, see His directions…but you must be taught by the Holy Spirit to understand what that means for you personally.

o   Psalm 86:11-15: Teach me Your way, O LORD; I will walk in Your truth; Unite my heart to fear Your name. I will praise You, O Lord my God, with all my heart, And I will glorify Your name forevermore.  For great is Your mercy toward me, And You have delivered my soul from the depths of Sheol.  O God, the proud have risen against me, And a mob of violent men have sought my life, And have not set You before them. But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth. 
o   Jeremiah 6:16: Thus says the LORD: "Stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths, where the good way is, and walk in it; Then you will find rest for your souls. But they said, 'We will not walk in it.’”

No comments: