Romans 12:1-2: I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
· Accepting His invitation, sharing in fellowship of His sufferings and then also in the power of His resurrection requires absolute surrender. Only a relinquished life a living sacrifice
· Jesus said a disciple has to give up his/her right to themselves Luke 9:23-25
· 1 Corinthians 6:19-20: Or you do not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought with a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.
· You are so valuable to Christ that He bought with His blood, not gold, silver, or anything the world calls valuable, something infinitely more precious (1 Peter 1:18-19)
· This ownership is of love…
o Not a cruel master domineering over a slave,
o but you are a Bride, cherished by a PERFECT Divine Husband,
o a daughter tenderly loved by a doting and devoted Father,
o you are a pearl of great price in His eyes (Matthew 13:45-46),
o He calls you a peculiar treasure (Deuteronomy 14:2: For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.)
· God alone can appreciate your true worth…because He sees you glorified….perfected
· Would anyone who did not love you supremely pay such a high price?
· You belong to Him and here is the proof of the depth of His love
o He refused the temptations in the wilderness
o He accepted the cross
o He sent us the Holy Spirit
o He never stops praying for us
o His love never stops coming
o His promise to take you all the way to heaven cannot fail (John 10:28-30)
o His intimacy – the adoration, absolution, intercession, instruction, manifestation, declaration, and intoxication, all of Him is yours!
The most amazing thing to me is….if today fear wins out and you don’t accept His invitation…this passionate love will not fade, it won’t lessen, and He will never stop pursuing you!