Thursday, June 21, 2012

Don't Resist, Relinquish...


What happens if you turn down our Savior’s call to discipleship and acceptance of His intimate invitation?
·         When He calls and if you allow complacency or ANY excuse deter you, you will regret it
·         Song of Solomon 5:2-8: I sleep, but my heart wakes: it is the voice of my beloved that knocked, saying, Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night. I have put off my coat; how shall I put it on? I have washed my feet; how shall I defile them? My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him. I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands dropped with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, upon the handles of the lock. I opened to my beloved; but my beloved had withdrawn himself, and was gone: my soul failed when he spoke: I sought him, but I could not find him; I called him, but he gave me no answer. The watchmen that went about the city found me, they smote me, they wounded me; the keepers of the walls took away my veil from me. I charge you, O daughters of Jerusalem, if ye find my beloved, that ye tell him, that I am sick of love.
o   You will go after Him because your heart was uniquely and intentionally designed to be filled with Him, sooner rather than later, that desire will overwhelm you and you will seek Him out.
o    Song of Solomon 3:1-4: By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loves: I sought him, but I found him not. I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loves: I sought him, but I found him not. The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said, Saw ye him whom my soul loves? It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loves: I held him, and would not let him go, until I had brought him into my mother’s house, and into the chamber of her that conceived me.
·         You will quench the flow of His blessings, power and presence in your life
·         You will rob the people around you of receiving Him through your hands and feet, they will miss out on hearing His voice and feeling His touch through you
·         But the saddest thing is you will lose your opportunity to earn eternal rewards.
o   What are the eternal rewards you may ask?
o   I wish I knew….but I don’t…I do know this:
§  They are strong enough to withstand tests of fire
§  They will be the “lingua franca” of heaven
§  Because this is what you will be able to give back to Jesus in worship as you cast your crowns at His feet
§  Read Revelation 20-22…. 

I am convinced that bowing before Him there after seeing His righteous and True judgment, clutching the precious little that made it past the bema seat, face to face with My Beloved Jesus, will evoke emotions so powerful if left in this body of flesh I would actually explode….I will want to give Him everything….so will you….  

What is precious to your heart right now my beloved sister? Where is your treasure being stored? Meditate on the scripture below and wait for Him to reveal to you the truth… 

Matthew 6:19-21: Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

No comments: