Saturday, October 6, 2012

Come My Beloved

Song of Solomon 7:10-13: I am my Beloved’s, and His desire is towards me. Come, my Beloved, let us go forth to the field; let us lodge in the villages, let us get up early to the vineyards; let us see if the vine has budded. Whether the grape blossoms are open, and the pomegranates are in bloom. There I will give you my love. The mandrakes give off a fragrance, and at our gates are pleasant fruits, all manner, new and old, which I have laid up for you, my beloved.

I love how this passage opens, “I am my Beloved’s, and His desire is towards me.” I pray this is your heart’s cry this morning. She says with absolute assurance and fullness of joy, “I am my Beloved’s, not my own, but entirely devoted to Him and owned by Him.”

Come, my Beloved.
Quiet your heart for a minute. Listen to Him calling to you personally. This is His field. This is where He has brought you because He has something to show you.

The picture is the Bride humbly and earnestly desiring communion with Him: "Come, my beloved, let us take a walk together, that I may receive counsel, instruction, and comfort from thee, and may make known my wants and grievances to thee, with freedom, and without interruption.’’

Do you make time to talk with Him like this? Oh beloved, please do be open.

Psalm 62:8: Trust in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.

Just as Christ walked with the two disciples on the Emmaus road, talking with them till He made their hearts burn . . . is your heart burning during your devotions?

Is it burning right now?

No comments: