Thursday, October 4, 2012

Let Your Guard Down

You are the Bride of Christ; therefore, realize that our walk with the Lord is the sweetest when intimacy permeates every part of our relationship.

ΓΏ  Communion with Christ is that which all that are sanctified earnestly breathe after; and the clearer discoveries He makes to them of His love the more earnestly do they desire it. ~ Matthew Henry. 

Mother Theresa used to say if you will learn to spend an hour a day in adoration of our Lord, every day will be filled with sweetness. Be sure that if you make the effort to go before God, He will be there to meet with you!

Intimacy means we love Him but I believe that even more importantly we must grasp onto the glorious reality that He adores us!
Do you realize that our LORD is enraptured with you?
It’s true!
The scripture declares it:

Song of Solomon 4:9-10: Thou hast ravished my heart, my sister, my spouse; thou hast ravished my heart with one of thine eyes, with one chain of thy neck.  How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! How much better is thy love than wine! And the smell of thine ointments than all spices! 

Precious sister….
let your guard down,
give Him free reign,
be entirely devoted and rest in the fact that He owns you.

You have no need to take care of yourself….
your owner will take care of you….
and I assure you His care is tender, gentle, meticulous, and loving.

No comments: